Friday, January 3, 2014

What is this thing we call Intelligence?



 Intelligence

     This word is used on a regular basis in today's society, and I feel that the majority of people don't really comprehend what it actually means.




     Let's think about this a little bit here today....


     First I want you to think about someone that you think or feel is intelligent. Seriously, take a couple minutes and think about someone that you would really tag with the word intelligent.


     I bet you have been able to think of someone. I believe that we each know someone that is actually intelligent. Now let me give you a couple of things to think about.


  • At what point in your life did this person become "Intelligent" in your eyes?
  • Why do you feel that the person you have in mind is intelligent?
  • What are a couple of attributes that this individual has that make them intelligent?
  • Is this person intelligent in the eyes of others?
  • When did their intelligence effect you most in your life?
     Now that you have all of these thoughts put together in your head I want to invite you to share these thoughts and your answers with all of us.
  
All viewers are looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these questions about intelligence!!

Below is a little food for thought about God's intelligence. 

     When you take a look at the world around you and you take in all that your eyes can see you can barely begin to think you can comprehend what is going on out there. God can, he created it. And through his intelligence we can begin to comprehend the world and the Gospel of Jesus Christ in such simple terms.

 Here is God's intelligence appearing in our everyday lives  referenced from Genesis chapter 9:


 12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

 13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

 14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

 15 And I will remember my acovenant, bwhich is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a cflood to destroy all flesh.

 16 aAnd the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the beverlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

 17 And God said unto Noah, This is the atoken of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just taught a young women's lesson on covenants. It is amazing how the Lord ALWAYS keeps his covenants and promises. These are great thoughts and scriptures Tenor. I appreciate you sharing them with us on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I think of intelligence and persons who are intelligent, I think of a man that I know who is very knowledgeable about the things of the Lord. For me intelligence is knowing the things of the Lord more so than it is about having great amount of knowledge of the things of the earth. Someone who is simply knowledgeable has retained information and can recite that information back to you. Whereas someone who has intelligence has knowledge that is intertwined with a godly perspective and it is greater than knowledge alone.

    The man that I consider intelligent would easily dismiss the thought of him being intelligent because in his eyes, he does not know very much. In my eyes it is not how much you know so much as the manner in which you understand what you do know. We have seen time and time again in the scriptures, persons with little knowledge compared to the more educated, being prophets of the Lord. This is because such persons were more concerned with understanding the world around them through the eyes of the Lord than through the eyes of man.

    One of my favorite songs is from The Prince of Egypt; it is called “Look at your life through Heaven’s eyes.” In it the song portrays the very idea of what it means to have intelligence. It talks about the difference between looking at life through the eyes of man versus the eyes of the Lord. When we can look at life through Heaven’s eyes, then we have intelligence. I believe that the ability to obtain intelligence is a gift from the Lord. Consider the animals who roam the earth- each of them have the ability to gain knowledge but have little hope of obtaining intelligence. I believe that this is so because it is unlikely for an animal to understand the concept of a God, let alone understanding His perspective of life.

    ReplyDelete